Opsona Therapeutics Ltd. initiates a Phase II Study with OPN-305, a First-in Class Monoclonal Antibody
- Dublin, Ireland - Opsona Therapeutics Ltd (‘Opsona'), the innate immune drug development company focused on novel therapeutic approaches to treat autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, today announced that it has initiated a phase II clinical trial in renal transplant patients at high risk of delayed graft function with its lead drug candidate OPN-305.
Opsona Therapeutics Limited raises €33 million (USD 43 million) oversubscribed Series C equity financing to advance clinical development of its lead product OPN-305
- Dublin, Ireland - Opsona Therapeutics Limited (‘Opsona'), the innate immune drug development company, today announced that it has raised €33 million (USD 43 million) in an oversubscribed Series C financing. The participants in this Series C financing include existing investors, Novartis Venture Fund, Fountain Healthcare Partners, Roche Venture Fund and Seroba Kernel Life Sciences. The new investors joining the consortium are BB Biotech Ventures, Sunstone Capital, Baxter Ventures, Amgen Ventures, and EMBL Ventures. BB Biotech Ventures and Novartis Venture Fund led the Series C financing round. BB Biotech Ventures, Sunstone Capital and Baxter Ventures will be joining the board of directors.
Cognoptix reaches halfway point of pre-pivotal clinical trial of drug/device test designed to identify Alzheimer’s disease via beta amyloid signature in the eyes
- ACTON, Mass. -- Cognoptix announced today that it has reached the halfway point in a multi-site clinical trial of its SAPPHIRE II eye test designed to identify Alzheimer's disease patients via a beta amyloid ("Ab") signature in their eyes. By detecting a specific fluorescent signature of ligand-marked beta-amyloid in the supranucleus region of the human lens, SAPPHIRE II achieved a two-fold differentiation factor between a group of five healthy volunteers and a group of five patients diagnosed with probable Alzheimer's disease in a recent proof-of-concept clinical trial.
Appointment of new CEO - Justus Homburg joins Vital Foods
- The Board of Vital Food Processors (NZ) Ltd is pleased to announce the appointment of Justus Homburg as the new CEO effective March 1st 2013.
- Justus is well known in Australian Biotechnology circles as the CEO of a high-profile ASX and NASDAQ listed Oncology business - Progen. He originally came to be involved in commercialising new technologies whilst a Senior Director at Monsanto Inc, where he was responsible for identifying new commercial growth opportunities in the Health, Wellness, Functional Food and Chemicals sectors.
Cognoptix begins pre-pivotal clinical trial of its drug/device test designed to identify Alzheimer's disease
- "Our SAPPHIRE II eye test is designed to transform the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's disease." - Paul Hartung, President and CEO, Cognoptix ACTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cognoptix announced today that it has begun a 40-patient clinical trial of its SAPPHIRE II eye test designed to identify Alzheimer's disease patients via a beta amyloid ("Ab") signature in their eyes.
- Watch video explaining the technology and unmet need