Mission in a Bottle – The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently – and Succeeding

Honest Tea is certainly one of the success stories of the organic launches that created the $36bn US organic food industry. Seth Goldman and Barry Nalebuff started the company in 1998 as a precursor of quality ice tea. It achieved $23m sales by year ten, when Inventages invested together with Stonyfield Farm. A year later, in 2008, Coke bought 40% of Honest Tea, with the remaining 60% in 2010. Inventages was instrumental during the exit negotiation that Coke had to purchase the 60% at an agreed price formula within 3 years. In 2015, Seth reduced his involvement in Honest Tea and joint Coke’ venture arm VEB as well as becoming executive chairman at Beyond Meat.

And he became a comic book hero. In “Mission in a Bottle – The Honest Guide to Doing Business Differently – and Succeeding”, Seth and Barry tell the story of their start-up in a very personal matter. The book transposes the often lonely start-up life with its up and downs in an inspiring way – a must read for any one considering starting a company!

Available on Amazon, iBookstore, Barnes&Nobel

Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Crown Business
Publish Date: Sept. 3, 2013
ISBN-10: 0770437494
ISBN-13: 978-0770437497

Mission_In_A_Bottle